Friday, December 4, 2009

in your arms, in your kitchen, in your heart if you’ll take her

I'm hearing Ryan Adams right now sing "You Will Always Be the Same" and he sounds great. Sounds familiar. Like home. Like some kind of love.

Tonight I took a risk and wrote about my warning label. The details are here on one of my other blogs.

The short of it is that sometimes, when recovering from heart break, I see my patterns and I think, I should come with a warning label:

Warning: I’m going to fall in love with you. Get close to me, get close enough to kiss me, and you’re just about guaranteed to have a love bug on your hands (in your arms, in your kitchen, in your heart if you’ll take her). Not for the faint of heart.

I credit the work in The Artist's Way for helping me distinguish that I DO want such a love in my life and for being unapologetic about it. I credit this week with encouraging me to take risks like declaring such a thing to the Universe (I suppose I also credit Wallace Wattles for that, too, with gratitude).

I'm really sleepy right now, having stayed up a little late to get this bit written. I'll come back here again soon.

Grateful.

cc

No comments:

Post a Comment